WHY JOIN TACS?
The mission of the Texas Association of Community Schools is to promote, support and develop excellence in student achievement through the collaboration of member schools.
The Texas Association of Community Schools (TACS):
- Provides advocacy before the state legislature and state agencies.
- Monitors Senate, House, and Legislative Committee hearings and provides testimony for laws that benefit small, mid-sized, and rural schools.
- Monitors SBEC and State Board of Education meetings.
- Works with TEA and advocates for rules that pertain to TACS members
- Supports and defends the small and mid-size school finance allotment.
- Encourages and rewards student academic achievement.
- Sponsors the TACS Academic Challenge – over $75,000 in scholarships awarded last year to students for advanced training.
- Provides articles and updates focused on instruction and instructional practices.
- Scholarships provided by corporate partners
- Provides outstanding professional development to professional educators and school board members with reduced registration for members.
- Three regional conferences each year – Tyler in east Texas, Abilene in west Texas, and Lubbock for panhandle/South Plains schools.
- Yearly state conference each September with three days of activities and two days of quality programming.
- Quality one day trainings each focused on a topic of interest to school leaders, such as school finance, bonds, and construction.
- Legal workshops each year on timely topics presented in various parts of the state with attorneys from Walsh, Gallegos Treviño, Kyle, and Robinson PC. and Sara Leon & Associates, PLLC
- Monthly “TACS Talks” Zoom calls
- Webinars from corporate partners on different issues affecting school districts
- Zoom Book Clubs with TACS staff and other TACS members
- Effectively collaborates with other educational groups, parents, religious groups, political organizations and others to benefit Texas public schools, public school employees, and public school students.
- Provides professional liability insurance for member school districts and their employees at a reduced rate through Association Insurance Management (AIM).
- Consultations with an attorney at Sara Leon & Associates PLLC (excludes research and/or work product).
- Subscription to and opportunity to be highlighted in annual TACS TODAY magazine.
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND JOIN TACS TODAY!